Enterprise App Store
With smartphones and app stores commonplace outside of the enterprise, users feel empowered to make their own application sourcing decisions. The consumerization of IT is an overused term, but it’s an accurate description of what’s happening to enterprise applications where today end users have a much bigger say in what they use. They are comfortable matching their own requirements against available solutions, packaged for easy consumption.
IT is struggling to manage this demand and is less able to enforce a top-down, one size fits all approach to enterprise application provisioning.
A Service Catalog can help. It provides users with the choice they desire whilst also providing IT the means of control.
For IT, applications can be published in a consolidated self-service portal with standard request forms, approval routing and fulfillment workflow. Whether delivered in the cloud, via a virtualization solution, or fully installed, having structured approved requests enter fulfillment enables automation but also ensures that control is maintained for license compliance.
For business users, they gain freedom to choose what works best for them along with transparency over costs and lease options. They also benefit from faster automated provisioning.
Biomni’s Front Office provides Enterprise App Store, Service Catalog and Request Management features to meet all your employee self-service and automated provisioning needs. Discover how it allows you to:
- Rapidly configure or import software catalogs, forms, and workflow via the intuitive non-technical point-and-click interface
- Publish software to entitled users and groups
- Route requests to appropriate approvers
- Check software licensing and usage to vary approval accordingly and maintain compliance
- Orchestrate and automate the request fulfillment via your chosen delivery means
- Integrated to common software delivery tools including Microsoft App-V and Symantec End Point Virtualization with free adapters, templates and wizards